Snake River Farms Herb Roasted Whole Tenderloin with Horseradish Cream
BY: Mandy Tanner
SRF Herb Roasted Whole Tenderloin
- 1 each SRF American Wagyu Gold Whole Tenderloin Buy Now
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, or as desired
- 1 tablespoon pepper, or as desired
- Butcher’s twine, optional
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly prepared horseradish, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon SRF Steak seasoning, or alternatively salt, pepper, and garlic powder as desired
Preheat the grill or smoker to 250°F.
Prepare the whole tenderloin by removing the silverskin with a boning knife.
If using butcher’s twine, tie the tenderloin every few inches. This helps the beef keep a uniform shape while cooking, but is not mandatory
Coat the whole tenderloin with a thin layer of Dijon mustard.
Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper on all sides.
Sprinkle the tenderloin with the herbs, (the Dijon will help the herbs adhere to the beef).
The whole tenderloin can be prepped in advance, but should be covered and refrigerated if not cooking within an hour.
When ready to cook, let the beef temper or sit at room temperature for up to an hour before cooking.
Place the whole tenderloin on the grill or smoker and cook until 110-115°F degrees internal temperature, about 45-60 minutes.
Remove the tenderloin and raise the heat of the grill to high temp to sear the outside and finish cooking to desired doneness, about 5-10 minutes. This can also be done in an oven.
Allow the whole tenderloin to rest covered with a foil tent until ready to serve, or for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and adjust to personal taste. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.