Dennis and Sherry McGrath, also known as the The Porketeers, are award-winning burger makers. Check out their recipe for the Pepper Don't Preach Burger, an amazing rich and spicy burger that will be a winner with everyone at your next grilling session.
The Pepper Don't Preach Burger
Makes 4 Servings
2 lbs. Snake River Farms American Wagyu ground beef
1 tbsp. jalapeno seasoned salt
1/2 cup Snake River Farms American Wagyu beef tallow
1 cup mayo
1 chipoltle chili in Adobo sauce
1 tbsp. Adobo sauce
3/ cup white onion, diced
1 Hatch chili, roasted
8 slices Snake River Farms Kurobuta bacon
4 slices jalapeno cheddar cheese
4 brioche buns
1. Mix together ground beef and Jalapeno seasoned salt in a bowl.
2. Form 8 oz. patties, should be 1” thick. Season both sides with jalapeno salt.
3. Combine mayo, chipotle in Adobo, set aside.
4. Combine white onion, tomato, and jalapeno, set aside.
5. Make guacamole with avocado, Hatch chile, lime juice, salt and pepper.
6. Cook bacon.
7. Set griddle to medium high heat then add tallow, grill 3 minutes then flip for another 3 minutes or until desired temp.
8. Top burger with jalapeno cheddar.
9. Toast buns.
10. To build the burger: spoon 1 tablespoon of Chipotle Mayo on the bottom bun then add 2 slices of bacon.
11. Stack the burger patty on top on bacon, top with salsa. Then spread 2 tablespoons of guacamole on top burger bun, then place on burger and serve.
About the Porkateers
The Porketeers are a dynamic competition BBQ team made up by Dennis and Sherry McGrath. Honored to win a spot on Team Bull with their first place burger in San Diego, they were 2nd runner up at the 2015 World Food Championships in Las Vegas. Dennis, aka BBQMaster, has been in the restaurant business all his life and has a BBQ catering business, BBQ2U. BBQ is his passion and he even went on a self-guided BBQ tour of Texas (if you ask him he may show you the tattoo). Sherry met BBQMaster on MySpace and was convinced by her friends to accept his friend request after seeing all the yummy pictures of BBQ on his page. They are now married and are a happy BBQing couple. If you’re out and about and see them on the competition trail stop by and say hi, in short they are F-U-N.
Snake River Farms is celebrated world-wide by chefs and connoisseurs. Our family-owned business is focused on creating the most delicious beef and Kurobuta pork available.More About Us