PRIME SIRLOIN BEEF CHILI
BY: John Cuevas
- 2 8oz USDA Prime Sirloins -cut into dice sized Buy Now
- chunks 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 jalapeños sliced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
In a Dutch Oven warm oil over medium high heat.
Add onions, sirloin and peppers. Lightly brown.
Stir in all dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
Add tomatoes and stir.
Add red wine and beef broth. Let simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, It is done when the broth has changed to a chili consistency.
Finish with salt to taste.
Garnish with any of your favorite chili garnishes.