NY Strip Steak Sandwich
BY: Snake River Farms
- 1 - 1 lb. pkg. American Wagyu Black Grade NY Strip Slices Buy Now
- 3 - fresh-baked hoagie or French buns
- 1 cup red pepper strips
- 1 cup green pepper strips
- 1 cup sliced sweet onion
- 5 tablespoons real mayonaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish
- 6 - slices provolone cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Thaw NY strip slices. Remove from package and drain any excess liquid. Combine mayo and horseradish in a small bowl.
Heat olive oil in a 10" skillet over medium heat. Add sliced peppers and onions. Cook until soft and onion becomes translucent. Remove from skillet and place in bowl.
Wipe out skillet. Add a thin coating of oil and turn heat up to medium high. Season steak slices with salt and pepper. Sear until the surface caramelizes, about 1 to 1.5 minutes. Turn and sear other side. Work in batches, if necessary.
Spread bottom of bun with mayo/horseradish mixture. Add cheese. Place hot steak slices on top. Place 1/3 of onion/pepper mixture on top. Serve immediately.