Double R Ranch Filet Mignon are the perfect special occasion steak. Shea Goldstein created this special recipe which adds the Greek-inspired ingredients of spinach and feta to make our delicious filets more festive.
Shea Goldstein's Filet Mignon with Spinach & Feta
1 8 oz Double R Ranch Filet Mignon
2 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cayenne pepper flakes
1 tbsp sea salt
1 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 500 degrees. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a cast iron skillet.
- Bring the filet to room temperature and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 10 minutes; rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper filet.
- Bring oil over medium high heat in cast iron skillet and sear filet for 2 minutes on each side.
- Put skillet in heated oven and flip steak after 2 minutes.
- Using a meat themometer, check temp to make sure it's at least 130 degrees for medium rare, 150 for medium and 160 for well done.
- Add spinach to butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add a heaping amount on steak and add Feta cheese on top.
Keep in mind that the steaks will continue to cook after they're removed from the oven, so my advice is to remove them from heat a minute or two before you think they're perfect. Also, letting them "rest" is a very important - it makes a huge difference when it comes to tenderness.
Snake River Farms is celebrated world-wide by chefs and connoisseurs. Our family-owned business is focused on creating the most delicious beef and Kurobuta pork available.More About Us