Butcher shop Bootcamp: Kurobuta Pork
Welcome to Snake River Farms’ Butcher Shop Bootcamp where you can enlist for Kurobuta Pork Basic Training and acquire the knowledge and skills to prepare our pork like a pro. Go beyond the basics, explore delicious recipes, and discover cooking methods from SRF experts and award-winning chefs.
Learn about the difference between our Whole Kurobuta Pork Shoulder and the Kurobuta Pork collar.
Learn how to smoke a Whole Kurobuta Pork Shoulder and turn it into Pulled Pork with SRF Expert Annella.
HOW TO PREPARE PORK COLLAR IN THE OVEN
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Trim majority of fat, leave 1/8".
- Season generously with SRF Perfect Pork Rub.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet, roast uncovered 2 hours.
- Remove turn oven temp down to 300°F.
- Place back in oven slow cook until tender enough to pull.
- Use two large heavy-duty foil to create a large envelope, place the collar in the middle, season again, add 1 cup of apple juice, seal, and package tightly. Place back in oven.
- When the internal temp is 200°F, pull from the oven and let rest for 20 min - 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, pull with two forks.
- Serve and enjoy!