Snake River Farms FAQ
Snake River Farms is part of Agri Beef Co., a family owned and operated business based in Boise, Idaho dedicated to producing the highest quality beef and pork in the United States. Founded in 1968 by Robert Rebholtz, Sr., Agri Beef started as a ranching and feeding operation and grew to incorporate every step of the beef lifecycle which includes ranching, cattle feeding, animal nutrition, beef processing, and marketing and sales. It's unusual to have this breadth of experience and degree of control in the beef industry, but it is a key reason why Snake River Farms beef is so unique and delicious. Making Snake River Farms one of the very few who can truly and authentically offer Ranch to Table.
Snake River Farms cattle are raised along the high plain of the Snake River in Eastern Idaho. Snake River Farms beef is the result of cross breeding Japanese Wagyu cattle with continental breeds of cattle, which is prized because of its intense marbling. Our proprietary herd is one of the most highly regarded groups of American Wagyu in the world.
Scroll down the "We Are SRF" page to get to know us!
We ship your order in an insulated cooler with ice inside our black Snake River Farms box. All orders are shipped via FedEx. Read more about our Shipping.
All Snake River Farms products are aged to maximize the flavor and texture of our beef. We employ two different methods:
A technique where our subprimal cuts of beef are vacuum-sealed and allowed to rest in refrigeration for a minimum of 21 days. Natural enzymes tenderize the beef and allow deeper flavors to develop. The product is not exposed to the air, so there is no weight loss. Our products are all wet-aged 21 days or more before they are packaged and shipped to our customers.
A unique process where beef subprimals are placed in a carefully controlled environment in order to intensify their natural flavor and make them more tender. All our products are dry-aged a minimum of 30 days which we feel is the minimum amount of time to enhance our beef.
Yes, you can select your delivery date in the checkout process. You can schedule an order to deliver up to 30 days out from your purchase date.
Yes, you can! Simply add all items you wish to send to your cart and select 'Checkout with Multiple Addresses' in the shopping cart. It is located below the standard 'Proceed to Checkout' button and 'PayPal' button. Here is a video with step by step instructions.
All our beef grading is based on marbling or intramuscular fat. This is the most important factor used to grade beef in the U.S. and around the world. Beef sold by Snake River Farms falls into four categories. In order, from lowest to highest marbling, they are: USDA Choice, USDA Prime, SRF Black Grade and SRF Gold Grade.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has established eight beef quality grades, but only the two highest grades are sold on our website. These are:
- USDA CHOICE: Includes the majority of meat sold in grocery stores and butcher shops. USDA Choice has great flavor and tenderness. Steaks from this grade are above average and readily available.
- USDA PRIME: Only about 4 to 5% of all beef graded in the U.S. has marbling to grade at this level. Most of these premium steaks are purchased by fancy steakhouses and restaurants. Prime beef has excellent flavor and tenderness.
All Snake River Farms American Wagyu beef grades above USDA Prime. In order to represent the marbling present in our beef, we use the Japanese Beef Marbling Score or BMS. BMS measures marbling on a scale from 1 to 12 with a 2 representing USDA Choice and a 12 being the highest level of marbling possible.
- SRF BLACK GRADE: Significantly more marbling than USDA Prime. Rated at 6 to 8 on the Japanese Beef Marbling Score (BMS).
- SRF GOLD GRADE: The highest marbled beef sold by Snake River Farms, rated at 9+ on the Japanese Beef Marbling Score (BMS).
BMS 2 to 3 USDA Choice
BMS 4 to 5 USDA Prime
BMS 6 to 8 SRF Black Grade
BMS 9+ SRF Gold Grade
Selling and shipping high quality meat is what we do every day. We’re certain you’ll love our products and our great service. If you have any concerns, contact us within 30 days of receiving your order.
- Weight: Our products are priced to meet a minimum weight
- Condition: Your order will arrive in ideal condition, either frozen or partially frozen.
- Accuracy: You will receive the product you order, and it will be the size indicated on our site or larger.
- Timeliness: We work to deliver on the exact delivery date requested, but we are at the mercy of transit delays beyond our control. Your order may arrive +/- 1 day from the requested date. We package your order with ample insulation and cooling elements for safe transport if an additional day is required
Please do not refuse delayed packages. We ask you to accept the package and notify us if there are any issues. We cannot fulfill our guarantee if a package is refused.
Yes! Here is a link to SRF subscriptions.
1. When will my subscription ship/deliver? All subscriptions ship the first Tuesday of every month and will deliver the first Thursday of every month. Ship dates cannot be changed, but you will have the option to skip month to month.
2. How much is shipping for subscriptions? All subscription shipments include FREE shipping.
3. Can I skip shipments? Yes, you can skip a shipment up to 2 days in advance of shipping. You will receive an email reminder 7 days before your next shipment.
4. Can I select frequency and duration for my subscription? Yes, you have the following options:
Every Month for 3, 6, or 12 months (3, 6, or 12 installments)
Every 3 months for 6 or 12 months (2 or 4 installments)
5. Can I add product(s) to my subscription? No, subscription shipments have fixed product assortment that cannot be altered.
6. Can I see what products will be in my next shipment? It depends on what subscription you choose! If you choose the Butchers Bundle, you will receive a surprise each month. All other subscriptions list out the exact items you will receive each month.
7. Will my subscription ship fresh or frozen? All subscriptions ship frozen!
8. Can you include a gift message for subscriptions? Yes, the gift message will be sent on every installment that is entered at checkout. If you enter a recipient email address, the recipient will receive a shipping notification for every installment.
9. Can I change my method of payment? Yes, log in to your account to manage your subscription!
10. Can I use my CLUBSRF loyalty points or a promo code on my subscription order? No, we do not accept discounts or promotions on subscription orders because they are already specially priced!
|Days in fridge||Time in freezer|
|Hams||30 days||6 Months|
|Pork||14 days||6 Months|
|Beef (Frozen)||14 days||6 Months|
|Beef (Fresh)||14 days||6 Months - You can freeze after receiving|
|Dry-Aged Beef (Fresh)||7 days||0 - We don't recommend|
We sometimes ship from multiple warehouses, so your order might arrive in multiple boxes. You will receive a tracking number for every box sent your way.
If you are placing a large order with 15+ shipments, our Gifting Specialist is here to help! Visit our gifting page and follow the 3 simple steps to fill out the "Contact Us" form.
We also have the ability for you to use multiship at checkout to save time when placing multiple orders.
Yes! Club SRF is the Snake River Farms' loyalty program. Club Members receive points on every purchase, by referring friends, and more! Once you earn enough points to unlock rewards, you can redeem them for dollars off your next purchase and other rewards! Club SRF is not a credit card and points cannot be redeemed for cash.
Snake River Farms does not sponsor any competitive BBQ teams, but many of the world's best BBQ teams compete with SRF. An SRF brisket is a staple ingredient for securing a 180!
Snake River Farms American Wagyu Beef cattle are grass and hay fed on pasture for the first year of their life. They are then fed a sustainable diet of hay, forages, grains (including corn, soft white wheat and barley), as well as potatoes, vitamins and minerals. SRF cattle will never receive any growth promotants or growth promoting hormones, but can receive antibiotics to treat illness and infection. We only use antibiotics when completely necessary for the health and wellness of the cattle.
Snake River Farms American Kurobuta Pork hogs are fed on a co-op of small family farms in Idaho and the Midwest and are fed a combination of corn, soybean meal, oats, vitamins and minerals. No artificial hormones or gestation crates are used in SRF pork production.
Double R Ranch Beef are grass and hay fed on pasture for the first year of their life. They are then fed a sustainable diet of hay, forages, grains (including corn, soft white wheat and barley), as well as potatoes, vitamins and minerals.